Our newsletter is available the first of each month except for July and August.
Please feel free to click any of the links below to view our PDF newsletter. If you have any questions, we can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SAT vs ACT - Which Should You Take? -The redesign of the SAT in 2016 resulted in a test quite similar to the ACT. But how do they really compare and how can you determine which test is right for you?
- Majoring in Astrophysics - Students strong in math and science with a passion for the universe may be interested in considering a major in astrophysics. Learn what types of careers you can aim for by studying this branch of astronomy.
- Tax Benefits for Education - An education credit helps with the cost of higher education by reducing the amount of tax owed on your tax return. Here are two commonly available tax credits that families should check out.
- Dare to Be Different - Great advice for college-bound students - learn how to stand out from the pack.
December 2018 Topics Covered:
- Majors, Minors and Concentrations - Your guide to understanding the meaning of these terms, how they differ, and how to make your choices work for you.
- Majoring in Criminology - Criminology is the study of the attributes of crime, how and why it happens, why people commit them, the behavior of these people, and the nature of the criminal-justice system. If you're fascinated by shows like NCIS and Criminal Minds, this may be the major for you.
- Searching for Scholarships - You don’t have to pay anyone to search for a scholarship for you, but it does require legwork and dedication on your part. Start here.
- Understanding and Using your PSAT Report - Although your scores on these tests are not reported to colleges, the results can help you better understand your academic strengths and weaknesses and suggest the skills you should focus on in preparing for college entrance exams such as the SAT and ACT.
November 2018 Topics Covered:
October 2018 Topics Covered:
September 2018 Topics Covered:
June 2018 Topics Covered:
May 2018 Topics Covered:
April 2018 Topics Covered:
- Facts & Myths about Liberal Arts Education - Ask twenty people what they think about the term “liberal arts education” and you’ll likely get twenty different responses. Get the facts here.
- Majoring in Nutritional Sciences - The food industry is the fourth largest industry in the world. Nutritional science is a great major for people interested in a health-related career, for those who want to work in the fitness industry, for individuals who love to cook and create recipes, and for budding entrepreneurs.
- Appealing your Financial Aid Award - Are you short in funds needed to enroll at your first choice college? Consider appealing your financial aid award.
- Handling Rejection - Advice for Parents - College rejection happens to most students, but it doesn’t need to define the rest of their life. Here are some tips to help your teen deal with denial.
March 2018 Topics Covered: